Treatments / Recovery
What is spot cryotherapy?
Similar to how you would ice a sports injury or area of chronic pain, spot cryotherapy is a form of therapy that focuses on targeted areas of the body rather than the entire body. Whole body cryotherapy treatment aims to bring generalized health benefits to the participant’s whole body, while localized therapy is more concentrated towards healing a specific problem area. This treatment is often used to address local pains, swelling, and sprains.
How does spot cryotherapy work?
Our trained wellness experts at The Invigory use a controlled beam of vaporized nitrogen to engulf the area of discomfort. Some common treatment areas that utilize spot cryotherapy include strained muscles or an inflamed joint like a knee, hip, or shoulder. Each therapy session is conducted by a technician who is trained to handle the spot cryotherapy machine. The specialist will use a handheld device to emit a beam of nitrogen at a temperature below negative 200 degrees Fahrenheit (-200 degrees Fahrenheit).
A spot cryotherapy session in our Charlotte studio will last anywhere from 8 to 10 minutes per localized region and is ideal for anyone suffering from chronic pain due to arthritis or temporary pain due to a sports injury. Sometimes, several sessions will be scheduled over a long period of time in order to fully deliver a treatment.
What are the health benefits of spot cryotherapy?
- It heals injuries at a faster rate than normal. Athletes have used spot cryotherapy to address fitness-related pain. The nature of spot cryotherapy offers a quick recovery time.
- It provides relief to chronic pain, especially in the back, neck, hips, shoulders, and knees.
- It reduces pain, swelling, and inflammation. Spot cryotherapy has been successfully utilized on clients with arthritis, joint pain, and pain due to injury.
- Spot cryotherapy is not a painful experience. In fact, many clients report feeling refreshed after a spot cryo session.
- Spot cryotherapy treatment does not require surgery or medication in order to deliver fast results. For people who prefer natural, non-surgical, and non-medicated methods of treatment, spot cryotherapy is one of the more effective treatments available in Charlotte, NC.
Benefits of Cryotherapy
Swelling & Inflammation
Frequently Asked Questions
It seems we can't find what you're looking for.